badge

Garnier Fructis Oil-in-cream Review



 I have been AWOL on the blog for more than 2-3 months. I had to get through a fair amount of personal issues, and I can say that I missed blogging so much.
Back to review, Garnier recently launched Garnier Oil-in-cream. It is enriched with 3 oils - Coconut, Almond and olive oil. They also claim to be oil replacement cream. Read on the review to know how it fared on me.

What product  Claims


Get the nourishment of hair oils in a non sticky cream format
  • Nourishes and hair feels stronger
  • Zero stickiness and mess
  • Pleasant long lasting fragrance
    To know more check Here
I am using this cream for more than a month. During this duration I skipped conditioner to know does it really makes my hair bouncy, manageable and stronger. So the review will be based on it.

Packaging :- As you can see it comes in ripe mango color packaging. Oil-in-cream comes in plastic  squeeze tube with flip-flop top. The product comes in two sizes 100g (Rs.60) and 200g(Rs.100). 

Fragrance :- Cream has pleasant fruity smell, which isn't overpowering. Fragrance is definitely long lasting it lingers with me for 2-3 days. But if you are thinking of keeping it overnight, it's smell will grew so much that it might give you headache (that's my opinion).

Texture and Consistency :- The oil-in-cream is white in color and is easy to slather evenly. The consistency is neither runny nor thick, it feels like conditioner but doesn't feel icky.

How I used it:

Before wash : I lightly massaged it into my hair and left it for 10-12mins. During that time the smell grew too much to handle and I washed it off. 

After wash : Applied to my hair lengths after shampooing.

As far as leaving it as Overnight mask, I skipped it because it is loaded with so many chemicals and even I can't handle too much smell.

Final thoughts : It doesn't make any difference to my fine normal hair. Neither it nourishes my hair nor made my hair stronger. It's good for nothing for me. I used it to style my hair and it did a ok job. Since 1 week I am using it with my Garnier conditioner still no difference. Garnier conditioners are much better than this oil-in-cream. Definitely smell is long lasting.

Now, the big question. Can it ever replace oil? Definitely NO.

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • Easily available
  • Pleasant smell
  • Non greasy
  • Mess free
  • Can be used to style hair
Cons
  • Doesn't nourishes hair
  • Doesn't makes your hair stronger, shinier and bouncier
  • It's definitely not a hair replacement oil
Price: Rs100 for 200g

Where to buy : Nykaa, Flipkart, Purplle

No comments :

Post a Comment